Visa, Mastercard Paypal & Uber invest in the Facebook Cryptocurrency Libra
By Tyler Smith – Crypto Investor
Facebook’s upcoming cryptocurrency appears to be turning up the summer heat even more as it seems to have attracted some big-brand backers, according to The Wall Street Journal.
PayPal, MasterCard, and Visa are looking to back Facebook’s crypto Libra, alongside other companies, like Uber. Each firm will invest about $10 million into an independent foundation that will govern the coin. The money will help create the backing and infrastructure required for the coin, which will then be attached to a basket of fiat currencies. Users will be able to buy cryptocurrency on this chain that derives its value from other currencies, much like a stablecoin.
The Wall Street Journal wrote that the governing body will consist of a consortium of its backers, known as the Libra Association. These companies will gain no profit or revenue as members of the governing body but will guide the network for secure crypto buying and selling functionality. More information regarding the Libra crypto will be released next Tuesday in a white paper according to the reports.
Apart from that, Facebook posted further blockchain jobs for this week, with total openings reaching about 28.
According to a BBC report last month, Facebook has been quickly moving ahead with its crypto plans and hopes to launch its GlobalCoin by the first quarter of 2020. Users can then buy crypto native to this chain for instant global remittance and transfers. The report states that tests for the new digital currency network will start later this year before it launches in a select few countries. There are some who believe the token may be used for the purchase of products in messaging apps such as Whatsapp and Facebooks Messenger service. This would mean users could soon not only transact through messaging services, but also buy cryptocurrency to purchase products as well.
In early May, Facebook had an LLC registered in Geneva, which focuses on blockchain developments using the name "Libra Networks." This could be where the first development of the project took place.
A report from LendEDU said that as interest in the new coin escalated, the introduction of crypto from Facebook could entice new users to buy Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency and expose themselves to the new medium.
Check out our huge list of assets over on our platform so you can buy Bitcoin UK, XRP, Ethereum, Litecoin as well as many more.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards