The US SEC Addresses and Reaffirms Guidelines on ICOs
By Luke Flowers – Crypto Investor
The Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) of the United States has re-addressed guidelines on Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) as plans to establish the space continues. The SEC has included a section on their website to focus on the five aspects of ICOs deemed crucial.
Though the content has been available since March, the SEC is re-drawing attention to the risks involved and the SEC’s stance on these. Any individual seeking to buy crypto for an ICO could potentially be investing in a security from the issuer. The publication is one of the most available on the SEC’s website in the form of a user guide; making it highly accessible and easy to read.
While ICOs are on the rise, regulation is still falling behind as the SEC and Commodity Futures Trading Commission continue to discuss their roles. Regulation has been soft as to not stifle innovation but users buying Bitcoin have been unaware of guidelines to help protect their investment.
The SEC state on this guide that, ‘while these digital assets and the technology behind them may present a new and efficient means for carrying out financial transactions, they also bring increased risk of fraud and manipulation because the markets for these assets are less regulated than traditional capital markets.” Whilst these markets remain unregulated, there’s inherent risks involved with buying crypto to invest in an ICO.
Regulation of ICOs will continue as the SEC and other bodies establish framework to guide those that sell and buy cryptocurrency assets. ICOs are not attracting as much attention or capital as they were this time last year as the market has declined significantly. There are still projects successfully conducting ICOs to raise funds.
If you are looking to get involved in an ICO then head over to our platform to buy crypto UK.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards