The State Of Ohio Signs Bill To Promote The Use Of Blockchain Technology
Ohio is reported to be creating a legal framework to support the use of blockchain services that use the technology. The bill was signed on the 3rd of August 2018 by Ohio Governor John Kasich setting out a legal framework for the use of blockchain technology. This makes Ohio, the fifth largest financial services market in America, one of the first states to recognise the benefits of implementing Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) within various industries.
This is positive progression from a previous attempt to create legislation in which bill SB300, submitted in May this year, was rejected. Though bill SB300 was rejected, many parts were used as amendments for the new bill SB220 to increase adoption and availability to buy Bitcoin. Many states’ legislation is not ready for the mass adoption of blockchain technology and buying crypto.
The adoption of blockchain technology is becoming increasing important to the state of Ohio. As the fifth largest financial service market in the US, Ohio attracts institutions such as banks and insurance firms who build their headquarters in the state. This industry employees 270,000 people in Ohio alone and suggests strong growth in the sector. This could attract more tech companies to the state who can provide services to buy cryptocurrency.
The bill updates definitions associated with blockchain technology to bring them into a legislative context such as an electronic agent, record or signature. The “Electronic Record” now defines a ‘record or contract that is secured through blockchain technology is considered to be in an electronic form and to be an electronic record’. The other amendment has been made to the definition “electronic record” which states ‘a signature that is secured through blockchain technology is considered to be in an electronic form and to be an electronic signature’.
Passing this bill is seen as a positive step for Ohio as they will need to embrace blockchain technology to keep competitive and attract new investment.
If you are looking to buy and sell cryptocurrency or to keep informed on the latest endeavours in the market, be sure to head over to BC Bitcoin.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards