User-generated, crypto, and blockchain gaming platform The Sandbox has recently hosted a series B funding round. The game company that allows users to earn and trade crypto had raised around $93 million in the financing round. The news comes right before the game has officially launched to help further support the game. The round was led by SoftBank's Vision Fund 2, a venture capital fund founded in 2017.
Reportedly, many companies in the IT industry participated in the fundraising event, some of which include Galaxy Interactive, Samsung Next, and True Global Ventures to name a few. Other notable mentions that joined in were Liberty City Ventures, Com2us, and Animoca. Concurrently, the funding round news achievement occurred at the same time as Facebook's surprising rebrand choice to "Meta".
The Sandbox is a blockchain-based game that has its own native NFTs and cryptocurrency. Users can buy crypto land NFTs within the game; the lands make up the game's map, all of which various players own. Players can also buy cryptocurrency SAND, the game's native token, where investors can stake the tokens or use them for governance. According to the game company, they have been pushing the sales for both SAND and LAND tokens. The Sandbox reportedly made $144 million in NFT sales with around 12,000 LAND owners. The statistics given are on top of the $93 million that they made from the funding round.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards