Scaramucci Was Taken Aback by Slacking Banks On Coinbase’s Latest Listing
By Luke F - Crypto Investor - 15-04-2021
Coinbase had announced on Wednesday a new direct listing, much to the delight of investors. The Skybridge founder, Anthony Scaramucci firmly believes banks should have paid more attention to the case.
Scaramucci stated that “there isn’t a wake-up call at the banks”, comparing the cultural understanding at the time to “the Netscape IPO in 1995 at Microsoft.” Scaramucci expressed his views to CNBC on Friday, after mentioning Coinbase's association with Bitcoin (BTC), and both the company’s and asset's recent growth.
He continued, saying how he believes Bill Gates dismissed the internet as a passing “fad”. Stating how that when Gates understood what was going on with the Netscape IPO, it was only then when “he deployed several billion dollars into an internet strategy which led to Explorer […] I’m surprised the commercial banks, people like Jamie Dimon, aren’t pouring money into a clone of Coinbase.”.
Michael Novogratz, the CEO of Galaxy Digital, recently compared Netscape's debut to the Coinbase listing. He cited the digital asset company's public debut as a watershed moment of cryptocurrency adoption. Scaramucci said that he believes the Coinbase listing to be a “seminal event”, later revealing that he owns some Coinbase stock. “He compares the stock to “Facebook and Google” in the same way they traded in their first 48 hrs.
As reported in TradingView results, the Coinbase stock peaked at around $429 on its first day of trading but has since retraced, trading around $340 at the time of publication. The cryptocurrency trading business where you can buy crypto and coin swap is traded under the ticker symbol COIN, but a tokenized version of the portfolio is also available on the crypto derivatives exchange FTX.
If you are looking to buy and sell cryptocurrency but you are not sure where to buy Bitcoin and other popular crypto, then head over to BC Bitcoin to register an account so you can purchase and sell Bitcoin today.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards