Paxos are to Introduce a Cryptocurrency Backed by Gold
By Jamie Green – Crypto Dealer
Paxos Technology Solutions LLC, the company that launched the 1:1 dollar backed Paxos Standard Token (PAX), have announced plans to introduce a gold and precious metal backed cryptocurrency. The company has also stated plans to introduce publicly traded stocks during this year.
The CEO has expressed his enthusiasm to bring the concept of tokenising a commodity, though this idea has been circulating around the crypto space. A token like this will allow investors to sell bitcoin for a token based on the value of gold and trade it. Gold is the most obvious choice and has been theorised in the past by traditional financial institutions but as yet not through a blockchain.
For the concept to work, Paxos must ensure that when a user seeks to exchange Bitcoin for the gold-backed token, they hold the exact amount of inventory that has been recorded on the blockchain. Tokenisation also allows for the division of a gold bar. An investor will be able to sell crypto for a portion of the gold bar as opposed to paying and owning a whole bar. The transportation of the gold is another issue tokenisation will address as the value can be transacted easily without the physical asset moving.
Paxos has a strong focus on transparency and trust as the PAX token is fully audited and regulated under the New York State Department of Financial Services. Paxos is also the only cryptocurrency company with an account at the Depository Trust Company, a highly reputable firm holding many US stocks and bonds.
Never miss the latest news by heading over on our platform and if you are seeking to cash out crypto or sell Bitcoin UK!
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards