David - Cryptocurrency Enthusiast
OpenSea Eliminates Marketplace Fee, Which Makes it Even Easier to Buy NFT, Competes with Zero-Fee Marketplaces
OpenSea, a leading NFT marketplace, has announced that it will temporarily remove its marketplace fee, setting the stage for a battle for market share with popular no-fee marketplace Blur. OpenSea stated in a tweet that, for a limited time, it will charge 0% in marketplace fees, and default all collections without on-chain royalty enforcement to optional creator royalties starting at 0.5%. The marketplace has also adjusted its blocklist of other marketplaces that do not honour full royalty payments to creators.
OpenSea's new policy on royalties is a significant change from its previous stance. In November, OpenSea launched a royalty enforcement tool that allows new collections listed on the site to delegate royalties on-chain. The tool also blocks these collections from being resold on marketplaces that do not enforce royalties, like X2Y2 and Blur. However, in January, Blur reportedly found a loophole in this tool that allowed collections that enforced royalties on OpenSea to uphold their percentages on Blur. In response, Blur published a blog post aimed at NFT creators, encouraging its users to blocklist OpenSea for creators to collect full royalties on its platform. OpenSea's latest announcement sets the tone for a new era in which creators can enjoy full royalties for their work.
OpenSea sees this new policy as the start of a new era. The marketplace is "excited to test this model and find the right balance of incentives and motivations for all ecosystem participants – creators, collectors, and power buyers and sellers." By defaulting all collections without on-chain royalty enforcement to optional creator royalties starting at 0.5%, OpenSea is giving creators more flexibility and control over their work. This could attract more creators to the platform and give OpenSea an edge in the non fungible tokens market.
If you're interested in the NFT market, you can visit BCBitcoin, a trusted cryptocurrency broker. You can follow their daily news online. With BCBitcoin, you can stay up to date with the latest developments in the NFT market.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards