MicroStrategy Discards Market Volatility, Buys Bitcoin on Price Dip
Cryptocurrency Enthusiast - Kenny
As revealed by CEO Michael Saylor, the company purchased another Bitcoin investment of 205 BTC at an estimated price of $48,888, spending $10 million in cash to do so. This places the cumulative Bitcoin held by the firm up to 91,064 BTC worth approximately $4.3 billion at the time. The overall cost for the purchase of Bitcoin by MicroStrategy stands at nearly $2.2 billion, with an average price to buy Bitcoin sitting at $24,119.
MicroStrategy's latest Bitcoin acquisition is one of several "symbolic" purchases where the company adds a couple more million in BTC for every dip. Although the tech giant started pouring money for Bitcoin investing in 2020, when Bitcoin trading was below $10,000, the latest acquisitions are yet to breakeven.
The most recent big acquisition, financed by a $900 million bond sale, was made at an estimated price of $52,700 per BTC. Bitcoin's price has fluctuated since then in the context of the weakening outlook for risk assets on Wall Street.
Wall Street friction seems to have some impact on Bitcoin, while MicroStrategy seems eager to move on its previous course. Thursday's buying is essentially symbolic, but the most significant measure is that MicroStrategy did not sell, considering the 50% plunge in stock prices after the February highs.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards