Huobi Global Announces the Launch of XRP on their OTC Trading Desk
By Tyler Smith – Cryptocurrency Investor
Huobi Global, one of the leading digital assets exchanges, has announced the introduction of XRP trading pairs for their Over the Counter (OTC) trading desk. Clients of Huobi will now be able to buy and sell XRP in large blocks.
Huobi Global provided a fee structure for XRP trades depending on the local currency chosen. Huobi will currently only apply a trading fee for Makers of the trade which is unusual as most exchanges charge a higher fee for the Taker of a trade. The Taker will currently be subject to a 0% fee to try and attract more to the platform. Those looking to sell ripple through the desk will be able to hit offers with no cost to their trade.
The OTC trading desk is to accept many denominations from the majors such as USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD at a 0.2% Maker fee to more obscure currencies like the Saudi Riyal (SAR) and Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) applicable to a 0.7% Maker fee for trades. Having a higher Maker fee could be negative to the liquidity of the desk as a trader could sell XRP in a larger quantity and hit the market, taking liquidity and avoiding a trading fee.
The trading desk will be open to any wishing to sell cryptocurrency that already have an existing account with Huobi Global. Huobi have chosen to launch XRP trades as they have faith in the XRP project and community. XRP is the third largest cryptocurrency in terms of market capitalisation fluctuating recently with Ethereum, the second largest. XRP still needs to prove itself to many that it is not a security. More people, however, are considering the coin a cross-border payment and remittance utility.
You can discover all the latest news in the crypto markets as well as services to sell crypto UK so check out our platform!
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards