Crypto for Congress: Bitcoin given to all Congressional Candidates
By Max Steadman – Cryptocurrency Enthusiast
A new project has been introduced to encourage the use, understanding and adoption of digital assets among Congressional candidates. All members of Congress will receive campaign donations as a strategy to help them learn about buying and selling Bitcoin. The project is backed by numerous Congressional Blockchain Caucus members including crypto believers Darren Soto and Tom Emmer, as found on News.Bitcoin.com.
Each Member of The Congress Receiving Bitcoin Subscription
Crypto for Congress is an educational program aimed at increasing the use and familiarity of cryptocurrency assets for legislative members and active political officials.
The Chamber of Digital Commerce announced that ‘all members’ of the US Congress will be given contributions toward their campaign in Bitcoin (BTC). Currently, Congress has 535 members: 100 operate in the U.S Senate and 435 in the House of Representatives.
According to the Chamber of Digital Commerce Political Action Committee, they will deliver a $50.00 Bitcoin (BTC) contribution to all Congress representatives. A selection of learning materials will also be available and provided by the organization including public training, an online toolkit and wider resources to help initiate their direct engagements with the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Darren Soto and Tom Emmer, two key cryptocurrency supporters and members of the Congressional Blockchain Caucus are just some of the organization’s sponsors. Other recently launched initiatives include CMT Digital, Etoro, Medici Ventures, Messari and many more.
The project aims at incentivizing an entire political class to engage and understand the move away from traditional financial systems and instead, towards understanding more about cryptocurrency trading. Tom Emmer states that this will contribute to ‘America’s leading role in the development’. In addition to this, according to the initiative’s website, ‘Now is the moment’ for Congressional Candidates to learn and embrace blockchain and decentralized technology.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards