Crypto Custody Is Offered To Banks By Hawaii
By Luke Flowers – Crypto Broker
It seems that Hawaii is making moves to enable virtual assets to be kept in the custody of authorized banks. This January 17th, a bill was brought into consideration by the senators of five states, as detailed through Cointelegraph. It then passed its first reading on January 21st to then be referred to the committees working on Judiciary and Commerce as well as to Consumer Protection and Health on January 23rd.
Custody for Cryptocurrency
The bill includes specifications regarding the custodial services for digital assets, a set of provisions that banks must adhere to. However, the custodial services will include the security and organisation of customers’ digital assets/currency. Specific laws have not yet been introduced but all applicants will need to comply with federal Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements to incorporate these cryptocurrencies within a banking service.
Crypto-assets can be classified under three sub-categories, Consumer Assets, Virtual Currencies and Digital Securities. When a user is buying crypto, it usually has its own consensus and protocol that makes it unique. Though each will have their own regulations, all will be classified as intangible personal property. Security maintenance is extremely essential for the effectiveness of the network, for this reason, the bill has specified smart contracts and multi-signature displays.
Three years back, Hawaii imposed greater restrictions on firms engaging with cryptocurrencies. This led to the Coinbase exchange ceasing operation in the state and relocating. If the current bill gets passed, there will be clarity, safety and arrangement and could encourage more firms to move to the state, hopefully encouraging people to buy and sell crypto. Many banks can operate as a crypto custodian, this might aid Hawaii in reaching a regulated industry of cryptocurrency and becoming a place for trusted Bitcoin and other altcoins.
If you would like to start cryptocurrency trading, then you can do so by heading over to our website where you can buy and sell cryptocurrency. We are a trusted broker that makes it easy to exchange crypto.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards