Coinbase CEO: Trump’s Bitcoin Rant is ‘Achievement Unlocked’
By Jamie Green – Crypto Dealer
On July 12th, US President Donald Trump tweeted how he isn’t a fan those buying Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, as depicted on Cointelegraph. Well, it seems a couple of hours after he made those comments, the Bitcoin price remained stagnant, only for it to make 1% gains on Friday.
Whether it was meant to be negative or not, advocates appreciated this move as it resulted in one heck of a milestone for Bitcoin, thanks to Trump mentioning it to the public.
Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong stated that the idea Trump openly discredited Bitcoin is proof that the global cryptocurrency is independent of global powers and cannot be manipulated by them. Many users solely buy and sell Bitcoin because of its decentralisation and not one government can own or control it.
“Achievement unlocked! ‘First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.’ We just made it to step 3 y'all.”
Armstrong’s tweet epitomised the reaction of Bitcoin users. In an ironic twist of fate many on social media thanked Trump for the free publicity, which noted a surge in interest as Google Trends reveals yet shy of causing more to buy Bitcoin and increase its price.
Cryptocurrency entrepreneur, Simon Dixon remarks, “congratulations BTC community — the president of the United States feels we are worthy of a tweet now” Dixon also stated that Bitcoin has outperformed USD by 23,440,508% since many started pricing the asset in USD. Some strong statistics to endorse crypto buying and selling and the monumental growth Bitcoin has experienced in recent years.
RT host and regular Bitcoin bull, Max Keiser, believes Trump has squandered his chances of re-election in 2020, while eToro senior analyst, Mati Greenspan considered Trump’s words to be an “early nomination for the most bullish tweet of the year.”
Ensure you head over to our platform to buy crypto UK from your trusted cryptocurrency broker.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards