Cinedigm Anime Streaming Service Supports Theta Blockchain Technology
By Harry B - Crypto Consultant - 01-04-2021
Cinedigm, a major American content provider, is integrating blockchain technology into one of its streaming platforms. Blockchain technology in banking is becoming increasingly popular alongside the topic of investing in cryptocurrency, for its secure and decentralised nature. Anyone buying crypto is interacting with a blockchain, with Theta (THETA) being amongst some of the most popular examples.
The company has begun working alongside Theta Labs, a decentralised video distribution platform. The collaboration will incorporate Theta's peer-to-peer streaming network and cryptoasset rewards into its CONtv Anime channel, who broadcast a wide variety of anime series and movies.
CONtv Anime will accept micropayments in Theta Fuel (TFUEL), one of the Theta blockchain's two native tokens. The token would be used as a reward for viewing the channel's content and uploading video content by using additional bandwidth and computing capacity. People will be able to receive up to $15 in tokens per month simply by viewing content in their browser, as per the announcement.
Cinedigm aims to increase consumer interaction and monetization while lowering costs by integrating Theta's blockchain-based streaming technology. According to Theta Labs, its streaming technology will reduce video distribution costs by at least 50%.
CONtv users can easily earn TFUEL micropayment rewards by watching anime and other content on the platform as well as showing the content to other CONtv users. There are talks to using the rewards to potentially unlock other rewards for token holders, this can include more shows, content and experiences.
Specific TFUEL micropayments technologies were activated earlier this year by Theta Labs for projects such as live poker entertainment hub World Poker Tour and entertainment distribution platform Shout! Factory.
As previously noted, the Theta network has lately seen some rapid growth, gaining cooperation from Fortune Global 500 companies such as Google, Samsung, and Sony. In the midst of network expansion, Theta Network's token THETA reached new all-time highs in 2021, breaking into the top ten crypto market investments in March.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards