California-Based Blockchain Firm Baton Systems Raises $12M
By Mark Lemon – Cryptocurrency Specialist
Baton Systems, a California-based blockchain development firm has finally closed a $12 million Series A funding round headed by Trinity Ventures. The news was revealed On September 2, through a Ledger Insight report that the new funding will be utilised to scale the firm’s blockchain-powered bank-to-bank payment solution. Banks have been intrigued with the concept to buy and sell cryptocurrency for international remittance.
Baton Systems reported that it already processes payments of over $13 billion using the solution for clearinghouse counterparties and market participants.
The blockchain platform is made to be interoperable with legacy systems where clients won’t need to overhaul their existing business systems. Many larger businesses have been reluctant to incorporate buying and selling Bitcoin or other crypto to business activities due to restraints in integration with current systems.
Baton Systems gave the following statement:
“The Baton platform integrates with financial institutions’ current collateral and cash systems, leaving their existing business processes, systems, and ledgers in place.”
The company has noted that blockchain software workflow incorporates various systems and institutions in order to achieve efficient and transparent settlement of assets. All parties involved will also be provided with instant reporting and reconciliation, so no one is left in the dark.
Arjun Jayaram, CEO of Baton Systems said that while using Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), the payments-focused solution will not involve digital assets or cryptocurrencies. This means unlike xRapid, there is no need for the system to buy crypto for the transferral and to exchange back into a fiat currency.
Baton Systems, according to the report, contributed to the Bank of England’s blockchain pilot for real-time gross settlement. This then led to the institution’s decision to later rebuild its RTFS system with the technology.
With new innovative functionality entering the space for DLT all the time, we are sure to start seeing the benefits of using the technology.
Don’t forget to head over to our platform, the UK most Trusted Bitcoin Broker to buy Bitcoin UK.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards