Bytes of the Month
Issue 4 March 2019
Welcome back to the BC Bitcoin monthly newsletter! Every month we shall be bringing you some of the latest news going on in the Crypto space from the movement of the top coins to some of the most influential events. Bytes of the Month will also be brought to you in PDF version to ensure you don’t miss out on any of the latest news!
BC Bitcoin Monthly Crypto Giveaway!
Congratulations to @Boldieman the winner of our 25,000 BitTorrent (BTT) February giveaway! A big thank you to all those who entered.
Keep an eye out for our next giveaway through Twitter for a chance to win 500 Stellar XLM! If you would like to be in with a chance of winning, simply follow us on Twitter @bc_bitcoin, like our BC Bitcoin Facebook page or Like/Retweet our giveaway and content!
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies
24hr % Change
1 Week % Change
1 Month % Change
Monthly Winners & Losers
Monthly % Change
The Midas Touch Gold (TMTG)
*All Values Taken from the 07.02.2019 @ 12:00pm & Excludes Stablecoins.
*Excluding Daily Trading Volumes of Under £250,000.
BC Bitcoin News
You can find new coin guides on some of the major cryptocurrencies to get yourself familiar with the development teams and what these projects and coins are trying to achieve.
New additions to our Coin Guide:
Head on over to take yourself through the basics and more advanced statistical information on these Cryptocurrencies. We will be adding new additions to our ‘Coin Guide’ to provide ongoing guidance so make sure you check back in regularly.
New Coin Listing
BC Bitcoin are excited to announce the listing of the following coins to our platform:
You can find these coins by heading over to our ‘Buy Coins’ tab so don’t forget to check these out!
Top News of the Month
My Ether Wallet Version 5
The popular Ethereum blockchain portal, MyEtherWallet (MEW), has released version five of its new interface. The portal has undergone a complete redesign for a renewed focus on providing a great user experience. MEW has been known to favour those who are adept with the technology and not very inviting for an unexperienced user. These changes are to help drive adoption. You can find more information by heading over to our ‘Articles’ section under ‘Useful Links’ through our platform.
NASDAQ to Release Cryptocurrency Indices
NASDAQ, the second largest stock market, is reportedly to release Cryptocurrency indices using data from the firm Brave New Coin. Indices for both Bitcoin and Ethereum will become available first tracking real-time data every 30 seconds with potentially more in the future. Many see progression from major institutions like this as major milestones for the legitimacy of the industry. You are able to find more information on NASDAQ’s indices by heading over to our ‘Articles’ section.
Enterprise Ethereum Alliance’s Token Task Force
With hundreds of different tokens entering the market, it has become imperative to track and review new developments. To address and help determine the nature of these projects, the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) has create a ‘Token Task Force’. This task force will be assigned with looking at the specifications for tokens that run on the Ethereum network such as ERC-20, ERC-721 and ERC-223 tokens. This will help standardise the specification and procedure for tokenisation and reduce those not ready for trading. Head over to our platform’s ‘Articles’ section under ‘Useful Links’ to follow this development further.
Hana Bank Files 46 Patents
The largest Foreign Exchange (FX) bank in South Korea, KEB Hana bank, has filled & completed 46 blockchain related patent applications. This is one of the largest disclosures of blockchain Intellectual Property (IP) and shows that the bank is keen on using the technology. The patents range a variety of services from methods and systems for purchasing overseas products to methods and systems for providing Digital Assets using blockchain technology. The bank does not currently deal in cryptocurrencies but have not ruled this out and the patents suggest to possibility to buy and sell cryptocurrency or the storage of assets with the bank in the future.
Bitmain’s New 7nm ASIC Chips
Giant Chinese computer chip manufacturer, Bitmain Technologies Limited, have created a new 7 Nano Meter(nm) ASIC chip. The chip has been developed to achieve new levels of performance with greater energy-efficiency, specific for those using the SHA256 hashing algorithm. In a highly competitive sector, many individuals are trying to reduce expenses and maximise their profits. These chips will provide greater computing power to previous at a reduced cost of energy to achieve the same result, helping increase profit margins. Head over to our ‘Articles’ Section to read further.
After Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jamie Dimon, renounced his interest of the crypto markets back in 2017, JP Morgan are now developing their own cryptocurrency. The coin is to be called the JPM coin for use on a private blockchain which only selected institution will have access. Introduced initially for international payments to alleviate deficiencies in the current system, JP Morgan have expressed their interest to use JPM for instant settlement of securities transactions. Though the coin will not be available at any individual level, the firm have not ruled this out further along its development. You can find an article on our site providing more details on the topic under our ‘Articles’ section.
Bank of Japan - CBDC
Central banks have been researching Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) for some time and the latest to release their findings is from the Bank of Japan (BoJ). The paper describes the possible benefits and consequences of releasing a CBDC such as the impacts on payment efficiencies, liquidity crisis, intermediation for bank funds and the transition mechanisms of monetary policy. You can find a link to the BoJ’s Digital Innovation, Data Revolution and Central Bank Digital Currency paper through our ‘Articles’ sections on our site.
Let us know what you think
At BC Bitcoin we are committed to the innovation and improvement of our services and platform and value your opinion. So, let us know if you have any feedback or would like to see any additions to our newsletter or services.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards