Bitcoin’s Longest Losing Streak Since December Finally Comes to an End
By Luke Flowers – Cryptocurrency Broker
After seven months since December, Bitcoin put an end to its losing streak over the weekend, though the outcome could still look rough as depicted via Coindesk.
The world's biggest cryptocurrency by market capitalisation made 10.83% gains on July 18th, with a green candle breaking the four-candle trend as Bitcoin held onto gains when looking at the three-day charts leading up to July 20th. This suggested to many that good news or sentiment to buy Bitcoin had emerged.
According to the data from Bitstamp, this green candle came after three straight red candles in a row, which highlighted Bitcoin's seven-month-long losing streak since December. Back then, Bitcoin had over four consecutive red candles as shown in trading charts on major exchanges.
As indicated by these candles, Bitcoin's recovery period from the bear market low of $3,122 on December 15th 2018, resulted in a four-candle losing streak that witnessed prices creating a bearish lower high at $4,236 and then drop by 15% to $3,560. During periods of uncertainty, it is hard to determine if buying or selling Bitcoin will dominate.
$4,360 persisted for more than three months before Bitcoin broke the resistance on the back of higher volumes on April 2nd. This finally saw a change in the long bearish-to-bullish trend as more looked to buy Bitcoin.
Then on June 24th, Bitcoin experienced a solid rise to $13,880. Bitcoin's value more than tripled in the last six months to this date and appears overbought at the beginning of the month.
This is why, according to popular fundamental and technical analyst Alex Kruger, the last three-candle losing streak marked the sign of health for the bull market. On the other hand, this trend after the rise in value could cause some to sell Bitcoin and potentially instigate another bear market.
Head on over to our platform to keep up with the latest news articles in the crypto space. You can also find services to sell Bitcoin UK through your trusted Bitcoin broker.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards