Bitcoin Sets New Hash Rate Records
By Jamie Green – Crypto Expert
Bitcoin's network hash rate has been setting a slew of new records this month, suggesting that miners have changed their stance on the weak price performance and could encourage more to buy and sell Bitcoin.
All-time Hash Rate Highs in October
According to Blockchain's data, hash rates have hit over 114 quintillion hashes per second on Oct. 23rd.
This is said to be the largest reading ever and was proven by others like BitInfoCharts that also recorded an all-time high of about 110 quintillions at the same time. Coin Dance reports the all-time high numbers to be 134 quintillions on Oct. 10
Since it's impossible to measure hash rates precisely, every chart is an estimate that relies on the previous period's block time and difficulty at the time.
Hash rates refer to the overall computing capability that is involved in validating transactions on the Bitcoin blockchain. The better the power, the greater the network security, not to mention higher hash rates help process transactions when there is high activity to buy and sell Bitcoin.
What this means is that miners are expecting higher Bitcoin prices in the future as they are rewarded with the coin itself. They may sell BTC back to the markets to fund their mining, but it is a necessity for the functionality of the network.
Last month, Cointelegraph reported that the network hash rate was experiencing volatility, with Blockchain's reading going down by 40%. This occurred one day before analysts clarified that these statistics did not serve as an indication that miners were bailing on Bitcoin.
Regardless, this proves that in the face of sentiment to sell Bitcoin and price drops, miners were still invested in Bitcoin and its future profitability. As an example, renowned mining firm Bitmain launched what it claims is the "world's largest" mining farm in Rockdale, Texas.
You can head on over to our platform to buy Bitcoin or sell cryptocurrency generated through mining.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards