Ant-backed MYbank to Support Digital Yuan Trial
Crypto Professional - Jamie
China's central bank is pressing for attention to its current national cryptocurrency pilot by enrolling two big private banks into the initiative.
As per the Bloomberg statement on Monday, MYbank and WeBank will enable the People's Bank of China to broaden its consumer visibility in the upcoming pilot of its virtual money, the digital yuan bank.
As part of the integration process, the MYbank service will soon be added to the PBoC digital yuan app, sources familiar with the situation told Bloomberg.
The e-wallets of MYbank and WeBank are claimed to have almost the same roles as those of the six state-owned lenders in the trial. As previously stated, the PBoC has collaborated with state-owned banks including the Bank of China, the China Construction Bank, the China Industrial as well as Commercial Bank and the Agricultural Bank of China on the program.
A representative for MYbank advised Bloomberg that the bank would "steadily advance the trial pursuant to the overall arrangement of the PBoC”.
As previously noted by Cointelegraph, WeBank is China's top digital bank offering services to more than 200 million customers as of May 2020. The bank has been aggressively working with blockchain technologies in recent years, being one of the first blockchain patent filers in the world in 2019. Chinese internet company Tencent is currently the largest stakeholder in WeBank, with a 30% stake.
Launched in 2015 by Alibaba and its partner Ant Financial, MYbank is a leading online private commercial bank focusing on lending services to small and medium-sized enterprises. The creator of Alibaba, Jack Ma, is the largest shareholder of MYbank, currently owning a 30% stake.
Last week, China's state commercial bank, the Postal Savings Bank of China, launched a biometric hardware wallet in an attempt to improve access to the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
If you’re not sure where to buy Bitcoin (BTC), and you’re looking for a good cryptocurrency broker, you can head over to BC Bitcoin, the best website to buy Bitcoin in the UK. You can also easily purchase other popular crypto from BC Bitcoin, such as you can buy Ethereum (ETH), buy Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE) and more, so register an account to buy and sell cryptocurrency today.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards