By Harry B - Crypto Specialist - 06-09-2021
Over the last year, more companies are gradually accepting Bitcoin (BTC) as a form of payment. Some places consider the asset a legal tender and even thought to be "digital gold." Over time, Bitcoin has been growing in popularity amongst investors and has also been expanding in global adoption.
In recent news about adopting Bitcoin investments, a start-up company centered around digital parking allows users to pay for parking sessions with Bitcoin and six other cryptos. A digital parking app called Seety allows its users to exchange crypto for parking in Antwerp and Brussels in Belgium. The app is also available in France, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands. The six other cryptocurrencies customers can use include Ethereum (ETH) and Dogecoin (DOGE).
Currently, Seety has over 350,000 active users with a high predicted turnover of 400,000 Euros this year. The app allows roughly 85,000 Swiss merchants to accept crypto as payment through its services.
In another example of cryptocurrency adoption, an e-commerce platform SHOP.com has integrated BitPay into its systems to spread the acceptance of Bitcoin to its consumers. The BitPay collaboration also allows SHOP.com to provide access to pay with Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash (BCH), Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin (LTC), and more.
Even the world-leading movie theatre chain AMC Entertainment has made plans to allow Bitcoin payments which will be implemented before the end of 2021. Adam Aron, the CEO of AMC Entertainment, released a statement that they will begin accepting various payment methods, including Apple pay, Google pay, and Bitcoin.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards