A User Is Sued By Facebook For Cloaking Ads
By Tyler Smith – Cryptocurrency Expert
Two major social media platforms, Facebook and Instagram, have filed a lawsuit against a user who was reportedly cloaking ads so that they got through the advertisement reviews of the companies. These ads were related to COVID-19 disinformation as well as scams involving cryptocurrency and other products. Many individuals buy Bitcoin to make an investment and many of these scams are targeting these people.
In the complaint, registered this week with a federal court in San Fransico, the social media giants have accused Bassant Gaijar of operating Leadclock, a software provider that cloaks the ads.
According to Facebook, Gaijar used these services to promote things like cryptocurrency scams, deceptive diet pills & other pharmaceuticals as well as disinformation about COVID-19. People who want to buy and sell cryptocurrency must be careful of scams within this space, especially if you do not know where or how to buy Bitcoin.
It can be difficult to tell if ad cloaking is a crime when you consider the law around disinformation. Ad cloaking identifies readers of any site using multiple methods, before presenting ads and information different to what typical users would receive on Facebook. Facebook and Instagram are therefore attempting to charge Gaijar with breach of contract regarding use of service.
Both platforms have tried to combat disinformation on their sites and have received scrutiny from users when disinformation inevitably makes it onto the site. The distribution of disinformation can have a strong influence on users but isn’t technically against the law. Due to this, many platforms are requesting further guidance and possible legislation to combat the issue. As a general rule, it is always best to identify and verify the source of any information found online.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards